Level 1 Award in Spirits
The WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits is a beginning course for those with no previous spirits knowledge. This course is best for consumers or those new to the spirits trade.
This is a classroom only course where students learn the main styles of spirits, an introduction to storage & service, and how to taste spirits.
The class consists of two 3-hour sessions and concludes with a short multiple-choice exam of 30 questions. There is no pre-quesite for this course.
- Understand the basic principles of spirit production
- Spirits product knowledge
- Understand the main types and styles of spirits available
- Know how to serve spirits to customers
- Understand the basic principles of marketing used for the sale of spirits
- Understand the issues relating to the safe consumption of spirits
- Study Kit
- Exam Fee
- Interactive Discussions
- Group Tasting Activities
Schedules for Classroom Courses
Classroom Schedule 2013 Level 1 Award in Spirits
Little Rock, Arkansas
- Location: Arkansas Culinary School | Pulaski Tech College | 13000 Interstate 30 | Little Rock, Arkansas